Dec 1, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Tim Brown of Yahoo! reports that the Red Sox are in Houston meeting with Carl Crawford’s people today.
Am I the only one who had it in his head that the Sox and Angels were going to honor some sort of gentleman’s agreement in which the former signed Jayson Werth and the latter got Crawford? Oh, I am huh? Well then . . .
Either way I like Crawford, as a player, better than Werth. I assume, though, that Crawford will take a longer commitment (even if it’s not as long as what he’d like). The Sox can absorb that, of course. Question is, do they want to. And, will they have a similar meeting with Werth next week, say, in order to play the two off one another.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)