Dec 1, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! reports that the Red Sox are in Houston meeting with Carl Crawford’s people today.
Am I the only one who had it in his head that the Sox and Angels were going to honor some sort of gentleman’s agreement in which the former signed Jayson Werth and the latter got Crawford? Oh, I am huh? Well then . . .
Either way I like Crawford, as a player, better than Werth. I assume, though, that Crawford will take a longer commitment (even if it’s not as long as what he’d like). The Sox can absorb that, of course. Question is, do they want to. And, will they have a similar meeting with Werth next week, say, in order to play the two off one another.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)