Dec 1, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! reports that the Red Sox are in Houston meeting with Carl Crawford’s people today.
Am I the only one who had it in his head that the Sox and Angels were going to honor some sort of gentleman’s agreement in which the former signed Jayson Werth and the latter got Crawford? Oh, I am huh? Well then . . .
Either way I like Crawford, as a player, better than Werth. I assume, though, that Crawford will take a longer commitment (even if it’s not as long as what he’d like). The Sox can absorb that, of course. Question is, do they want to. And, will they have a similar meeting with Werth next week, say, in order to play the two off one another.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 21
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (96)