Dec 1, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! reports that the Red Sox are in Houston meeting with Carl Crawford’s people today.
Am I the only one who had it in his head that the Sox and Angels were going to honor some sort of gentleman’s agreement in which the former signed Jayson Werth and the latter got Crawford? Oh, I am huh? Well then . . .
Either way I like Crawford, as a player, better than Werth. I assume, though, that Crawford will take a longer commitment (even if it’s not as long as what he’d like). The Sox can absorb that, of course. Question is, do they want to. And, will they have a similar meeting with Werth next week, say, in order to play the two off one another.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)