Dec 1, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Tim Brown of Yahoo! reports that the Red Sox are in Houston meeting with Carl Crawford’s people today.
Am I the only one who had it in his head that the Sox and Angels were going to honor some sort of gentleman’s agreement in which the former signed Jayson Werth and the latter got Crawford? Oh, I am huh? Well then . . .
Either way I like Crawford, as a player, better than Werth. I assume, though, that Crawford will take a longer commitment (even if it’s not as long as what he’d like). The Sox can absorb that, of course. Question is, do they want to. And, will they have a similar meeting with Werth next week, say, in order to play the two off one another.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)