Dec 1, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
Following up on this morning’s item about how the Rockies may now look to give extensions to other players, Augusto Cárdenas of Venezuela’s Diario Panorama reports that Scott Boras — Gonzalez’s agent — and the Rockies are currently negotiating a long term extension.
The Rockies are certainly wanting to get ahead of the game, no? Gonzalez has one full and two partial seasons under his belt and is not yet even eligible for arbitration. Still, this would be a good time to get him locked up through his arbitration years. Which is an approach Scott Boras has never been a big fan of — he prefers his clients to wait it out and hit the market — but if he’s negotiating such a deal now, Gonzalez is clearly wanting such a deal. Or it simply could be an arbitration-only deal that still allows him to hit the market. In which case I’d have to ask why the Rockies are interested, but let’s leave that until we know more.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)