Dec 1, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
With Troy Tulowitzki and Jorge De La Rosa under contract you think the Rockies would take a breather, but that may not be the case: Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that Dan O’Dowd said yesterday that the Rockies are looking to lock up Ubaldo Jimenez and Carlos Gonzalez “indefinitely.”
Such approach has its merits in a 1990s Cleveland Indians kind of way. Lock up the core and don’t worry about them for a while. It increases risk, of course, but given that they just locked up a guy who has spent a good deal of time on the DL two of the past three years to a contract that lasts though my daughter’s high school graduation, risk is apparently something O’Dowd is not too worried about.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)