Dec 1, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
After playing through tendinitis in his right wrist for much of the season Brett Gardner is scheduled to undergo surgery next week.
He had a very strong season offensively and defensively despite the injury, and Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Gardner is expected to be fully recovered in time for spring training.
In other Yankees surgery news, Carig reports that reliever Alfredo Aceves went under the knife yesterday “to repair a left clavicle he injured in a bike-riding accident in Mexico.”
And unlike Gardner he’s expected to be out of commission for “more than four months,” putting his status for next season in question. The lesson, as always: Go bike riding in Mexico at your risk.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27