Dec 1, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
After playing through tendinitis in his right wrist for much of the season Brett Gardner is scheduled to undergo surgery next week.
He had a very strong season offensively and defensively despite the injury, and Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Gardner is expected to be fully recovered in time for spring training.
In other Yankees surgery news, Carig reports that reliever Alfredo Aceves went under the knife yesterday “to repair a left clavicle he injured in a bike-riding accident in Mexico.”
And unlike Gardner he’s expected to be out of commission for “more than four months,” putting his status for next season in question. The lesson, as always: Go bike riding in Mexico at your risk.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17