Dec 1, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
After playing through tendinitis in his right wrist for much of the season Brett Gardner is scheduled to undergo surgery next week.
He had a very strong season offensively and defensively despite the injury, and Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Gardner is expected to be fully recovered in time for spring training.
In other Yankees surgery news, Carig reports that reliever Alfredo Aceves went under the knife yesterday “to repair a left clavicle he injured in a bike-riding accident in Mexico.”
And unlike Gardner he’s expected to be out of commission for “more than four months,” putting his status for next season in question. The lesson, as always: Go bike riding in Mexico at your risk.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 80
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)