Dec 1, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
After playing through tendinitis in his right wrist for much of the season Brett Gardner is scheduled to undergo surgery next week.
He had a very strong season offensively and defensively despite the injury, and Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Gardner is expected to be fully recovered in time for spring training.
In other Yankees surgery news, Carig reports that reliever Alfredo Aceves went under the knife yesterday “to repair a left clavicle he injured in a bike-riding accident in Mexico.”
And unlike Gardner he’s expected to be out of commission for “more than four months,” putting his status for next season in question. The lesson, as always: Go bike riding in Mexico at your risk.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)