Dec 2, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
While there was some hubub on the Rockies-Lance Berkman front last night, and while Troy Renck of the Denver Post is saying that Colorado has a “real shot,” Ken Rosenthal reports that, in fact, their offer to Berkman was low.
I think Berkman is going to do well this year. People seem to be sleeping on the guy. He’s one year removed from a .274/.399/.509 season and is supposedly in better health now. Given the relative dearth of power bats out there, and given the examples of sluggers bouncing back to be key contributors last season — Burrell, Huff, Guerrero, Glaus, etc. — there should be no reason for Berkman to take a lowish offer, and I bet a lot of teams show interest.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)