Dec 2, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
While there was some hubub on the Rockies-Lance Berkman front last night, and while Troy Renck of the Denver Post is saying that Colorado has a “real shot,” Ken Rosenthal reports that, in fact, their offer to Berkman was low.
I think Berkman is going to do well this year. People seem to be sleeping on the guy. He’s one year removed from a .274/.399/.509 season and is supposedly in better health now. Given the relative dearth of power bats out there, and given the examples of sluggers bouncing back to be key contributors last season — Burrell, Huff, Guerrero, Glaus, etc. — there should be no reason for Berkman to take a lowish offer, and I bet a lot of teams show interest.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (325)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)