Buster Olney thinks Jeter will sign today

Dec 3, 2010, 10:30 AM EST

mlb_jeter

There’s not much else to that, but in today’s column, Olney says of the Yankees and Jeter “I’ll bet they reach an agreement today.” Buster isn’t one for bold predictions, so I wonder if he has some intelligence.

Gosh, I hope not. I fell like I have a couple dozen more Derek Jeter posts in me. It’d be a shame if they went to waste.

1. Lincoln93 - Dec 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I think you should just run down the title of each post you’ve got cooking here in the comment section. No story, no background, just the title.

And don’t you write about anything else? I’m probably the only one asking that…

2. proudlycanadian - Dec 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Cheer up! You will still have Boras to write about!

3. Jonny 5 - Dec 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Well You could always break down the terms and destroy every reason “he deserves” to be paid that much. That could be fun….

4. BC - Dec 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

You could always moonlight at CFT and write about Cam Newton.

5. crazyyankee - Dec 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM

after the jeter posts end then the Lee posts will be in full swing, then crawford, then werth…

6. jkay123 - Dec 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

No biggie, you will sit on the computer, search every website and look for every article written by every journalist, copy and paste it onto this site and then put your two cents in. “lupica thinks jeter is worth it because he has rings!” “heyman thinks jeter robbed the yankees and this is why i agree!” Getting closer and closer to the computer screen, smushing your glasses closer to the bridge of your nose and really sinking your teeth into other people’s articles.

7. Utley's Hair - Dec 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM

First Bobby V…now THIS?!?!? I thought we were entering the JOYOUS holiday season, but it’s working out to be damn depressing. —sigh—

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5837)
  2. M. Kemp (3261)
  3. J. Kang (3236)
  4. C. McGehee (3096)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (3068)
  1. J. Upton (3003)