Dec 3, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
MLB.com’s Scott Merkin tweeted something interesting a few minutes ago:
[Adam] Dunn apparently sought out advice from former teammates such as Ken Griffey Jr. and Willie Harris about hitting at U.S. Cellular
Ken Griffey hit .257/.333/.392 with one homer in 84 plate appearances at U.S. Cellular during his brief stint with the White Sox in 2008. He had a .726 OPS there for his entire career. Willie Harris hit .227/.295/.302 there in 448 plate appearances.
Dunn is obviously friends with those guys but you know what? If I’m him, I think I’d be just fine on my own, ya know?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)