Dec 3, 2010, 3:32 PM EST
Kenny Williams spoke with reporters today to officially announce the signings of Adam Dunn and A.J. Pierzynski. He mentioned that those deals were back loaded, so as to allow the Sox to pursue Paul Konerko. The Sox are expected to meet with Konerko next week. Inasmuch as it seems like Kenny Williams has been given the green light to go all-in for 2011, you have to assume that Konerko is going to return to Chicago.
As for playing time, Adam Dunn said today that he’s fine with being the DH. I suppose it would be shocking if he said anything else what with him, you know, choosing to come to the American League. Either way, a lineup with Dunn and Konerko in the middle is going to look mighty nice next summer.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)