Dec 3, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Kenny Williams spoke with reporters today to officially announce the signings of Adam Dunn and A.J. Pierzynski. He mentioned that those deals were back loaded, so as to allow the Sox to pursue Paul Konerko. The Sox are expected to meet with Konerko next week. Inasmuch as it seems like Kenny Williams has been given the green light to go all-in for 2011, you have to assume that Konerko is going to return to Chicago.
As for playing time, Adam Dunn said today that he’s fine with being the DH. I suppose it would be shocking if he said anything else what with him, you know, choosing to come to the American League. Either way, a lineup with Dunn and Konerko in the middle is going to look mighty nice next summer.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)