Dec 3, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Kenny Williams spoke with reporters today to officially announce the signings of Adam Dunn and A.J. Pierzynski. He mentioned that those deals were back loaded, so as to allow the Sox to pursue Paul Konerko. The Sox are expected to meet with Konerko next week. Inasmuch as it seems like Kenny Williams has been given the green light to go all-in for 2011, you have to assume that Konerko is going to return to Chicago.
As for playing time, Adam Dunn said today that he’s fine with being the DH. I suppose it would be shocking if he said anything else what with him, you know, choosing to come to the American League. Either way, a lineup with Dunn and Konerko in the middle is going to look mighty nice next summer.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 1
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 21
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)