Dec 3, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Kenny Williams spoke with reporters today to officially announce the signings of Adam Dunn and A.J. Pierzynski. He mentioned that those deals were back loaded, so as to allow the Sox to pursue Paul Konerko. The Sox are expected to meet with Konerko next week. Inasmuch as it seems like Kenny Williams has been given the green light to go all-in for 2011, you have to assume that Konerko is going to return to Chicago.
As for playing time, Adam Dunn said today that he’s fine with being the DH. I suppose it would be shocking if he said anything else what with him, you know, choosing to come to the American League. Either way, a lineup with Dunn and Konerko in the middle is going to look mighty nice next summer.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)