Magglio Ordonez is probably re-signing with the Tigers

Dec 3, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT

Magglio basepaths

I took a whole lot of Spanish in high school and college, and got to the point at the end of my freshman year where I was even starting to think in Spanish. Everyone told me that what I needed to do at that point was spend the summer in an immersion program in Mexico or someplace and then I’d be good to go.  What did I do? I went back to Beckley, snagged my old job at the radio station for the summer and watched Braves games. Since 1992, almost all of the Spanish has slid out of my head, to the point where I’m no better off than a really obsessive Sesame Street viewer. Abierto? Cerrado!

The point is that I had to wait around to find someone to translate this for me before I could post about it:

Una fuente cercana al jugador asegura que todo apunta a que Magglio se quedarà en Detroit

The upshot: a source close to Magglio Ordonez is saying that he’s probably staying in Detroit.

I love the AL Central arms race, by the way. Minnesota: you’re on the clock.

1. Old Gator - Dec 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

It didn’t do you much good at La Carreta though, did it?

2. Jason @ IIATMS - Dec 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM

How many DH’s can Detroit have?

• yankeesfanlen - Dec 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Apparently three, much like the Universe. But they’re not really DESIGNATED, only hanging around for late inning heroics, or lack thereof.

3. heiniemanush - Dec 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Mags in right, Rayburn in left, Perralta at short, Guillen at second and Miggy at first. Oy. I guess that rules out the Tigers going after Pavano or any other pitch-to-contact free agents.

4. The Rabbit - Dec 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Craig, you’re still ahead of the curve. As Father Guido Sarducci observed when he promoted the concept of a $20 5-minute University, the only Spanish most remember 5 years after graduation is “¿Cómo está usted?” and “Estoy bien”.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3310)