Dec 3, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I took a whole lot of Spanish in high school and college, and got to the point at the end of my freshman year where I was even starting to think in Spanish. Everyone told me that what I needed to do at that point was spend the summer in an immersion program in Mexico or someplace and then I’d be good to go. What did I do? I went back to Beckley, snagged my old job at the radio station for the summer and watched Braves games. Since 1992, almost all of the Spanish has slid out of my head, to the point where I’m no better off than a really obsessive Sesame Street viewer. Abierto? Cerrado!
The point is that I had to wait around to find someone to translate this for me before I could post about it:
Una fuente cercana al jugador asegura que todo apunta a que Magglio se quedarà en Detroit
The upshot: a source close to Magglio Ordonez is saying that he’s probably staying in Detroit.
I love the AL Central arms race, by the way. Minnesota: you’re on the clock.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)