Dec 3, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
I took a whole lot of Spanish in high school and college, and got to the point at the end of my freshman year where I was even starting to think in Spanish. Everyone told me that what I needed to do at that point was spend the summer in an immersion program in Mexico or someplace and then I’d be good to go. What did I do? I went back to Beckley, snagged my old job at the radio station for the summer and watched Braves games. Since 1992, almost all of the Spanish has slid out of my head, to the point where I’m no better off than a really obsessive Sesame Street viewer. Abierto? Cerrado!
The point is that I had to wait around to find someone to translate this for me before I could post about it:
Una fuente cercana al jugador asegura que todo apunta a que Magglio se quedarà en Detroit
The upshot: a source close to Magglio Ordonez is saying that he’s probably staying in Detroit.
I love the AL Central arms race, by the way. Minnesota: you’re on the clock.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)