Dec 3, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I took a whole lot of Spanish in high school and college, and got to the point at the end of my freshman year where I was even starting to think in Spanish. Everyone told me that what I needed to do at that point was spend the summer in an immersion program in Mexico or someplace and then I’d be good to go. What did I do? I went back to Beckley, snagged my old job at the radio station for the summer and watched Braves games. Since 1992, almost all of the Spanish has slid out of my head, to the point where I’m no better off than a really obsessive Sesame Street viewer. Abierto? Cerrado!
The point is that I had to wait around to find someone to translate this for me before I could post about it:
Una fuente cercana al jugador asegura que todo apunta a que Magglio se quedarà en Detroit
The upshot: a source close to Magglio Ordonez is saying that he’s probably staying in Detroit.
I love the AL Central arms race, by the way. Minnesota: you’re on the clock.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)