Dec 3, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I took a whole lot of Spanish in high school and college, and got to the point at the end of my freshman year where I was even starting to think in Spanish. Everyone told me that what I needed to do at that point was spend the summer in an immersion program in Mexico or someplace and then I’d be good to go. What did I do? I went back to Beckley, snagged my old job at the radio station for the summer and watched Braves games. Since 1992, almost all of the Spanish has slid out of my head, to the point where I’m no better off than a really obsessive Sesame Street viewer. Abierto? Cerrado!
The point is that I had to wait around to find someone to translate this for me before I could post about it:
Una fuente cercana al jugador asegura que todo apunta a que Magglio se quedarà en Detroit
The upshot: a source close to Magglio Ordonez is saying that he’s probably staying in Detroit.
I love the AL Central arms race, by the way. Minnesota: you’re on the clock.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 0
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)