Dec 3, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
Craig mentioned earlier that the Red Sox are discussing a trade for Adrian Gonzalez, but Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com writes that multiple teams besides are involved in negotiations, including the Cubs.
Obviously Starlin Castro would be untouchable here, but you’d have to think guys like Tyler Colvin, Andrew Cashner, Brett Jackson, Chris Archer, Trey McNutt and Hak-Ju Lee would be fair game. Good enough to compete with a package from the Red Sox? Hard to say.
One source tells Alex Speier of WEEI.com that the Padres are “trying to see what’s out there” to determine whether to trade Gonzalez right now or keep him for 2011 and either receive draft pick compensation or trade him should they fall out of the race during the season. It’s not an easy call, especially after coming off a 90-win season, but the Padres stand to get more in return now than they would for what will essentially be a two or three month rental in July.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 99
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)