Dec 3, 2010, 6:49 PM EST
As Craig noted yesterday, the tide has turned in regards to negotiations between Derek Jeter and the Yankees. Well, here’s Act II.
Ken Davidoff of New York Newsday reports that there were “more positive talks today” while Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the two sides are “moving closer to a middle ground.” In fact, Klapisch wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was struck over the weekend. Isn’t that just grand?
We all knew Jeter was going to be back — it was just a matter of when — but I’m not going to lie, it was much more fun to write about this topic when there was drama going on. But, hey, give credit to both sides for keeping us entertained, at least until the winter meetings take over the baseball world next week.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)