Dec 3, 2010, 6:49 PM EDT
As Craig noted yesterday, the tide has turned in regards to negotiations between Derek Jeter and the Yankees. Well, here’s Act II.
Ken Davidoff of New York Newsday reports that there were “more positive talks today” while Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the two sides are “moving closer to a middle ground.” In fact, Klapisch wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was struck over the weekend. Isn’t that just grand?
We all knew Jeter was going to be back — it was just a matter of when — but I’m not going to lie, it was much more fun to write about this topic when there was drama going on. But, hey, give credit to both sides for keeping us entertained, at least until the winter meetings take over the baseball world next week.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)