Dec 3, 2010, 6:49 PM EST
As Craig noted yesterday, the tide has turned in regards to negotiations between Derek Jeter and the Yankees. Well, here’s Act II.
Ken Davidoff of New York Newsday reports that there were “more positive talks today” while Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the two sides are “moving closer to a middle ground.” In fact, Klapisch wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was struck over the weekend. Isn’t that just grand?
We all knew Jeter was going to be back — it was just a matter of when — but I’m not going to lie, it was much more fun to write about this topic when there was drama going on. But, hey, give credit to both sides for keeping us entertained, at least until the winter meetings take over the baseball world next week.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)