Dec 3, 2010, 6:49 PM EST
As Craig noted yesterday, the tide has turned in regards to negotiations between Derek Jeter and the Yankees. Well, here’s Act II.
Ken Davidoff of New York Newsday reports that there were “more positive talks today” while Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the two sides are “moving closer to a middle ground.” In fact, Klapisch wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was struck over the weekend. Isn’t that just grand?
We all knew Jeter was going to be back — it was just a matter of when — but I’m not going to lie, it was much more fun to write about this topic when there was drama going on. But, hey, give credit to both sides for keeping us entertained, at least until the winter meetings take over the baseball world next week.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)