Dec 3, 2010, 6:49 PM EST
As Craig noted yesterday, the tide has turned in regards to negotiations between Derek Jeter and the Yankees. Well, here’s Act II.
Ken Davidoff of New York Newsday reports that there were “more positive talks today” while Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the two sides are “moving closer to a middle ground.” In fact, Klapisch wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was struck over the weekend. Isn’t that just grand?
We all knew Jeter was going to be back — it was just a matter of when — but I’m not going to lie, it was much more fun to write about this topic when there was drama going on. But, hey, give credit to both sides for keeping us entertained, at least until the winter meetings take over the baseball world next week.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)