Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 AM EDT
Lost in all of the midnight non-tender deadline stuff was the fact that the Diamondbacks agreed to a one-year deal with pitcher Zach Duke, who they acquired from Pittsburgh last week. If they couldn’t do a deal, the Dbacks were going to non-tender him rather than go to arbitration.
The contract: $4.25 million. In like, American dollars. For a guy who went 8-15 with a 5.72 ERA and who will now be pitching in a much more hitter-friendly ballpark. But, hey, at least he makes up for being hit hard by not striking out a lot of guys and walking a good many too. The total package, that Duke.
Four and a half million for that? And people seriously think that Manny Ramirez should only get $800K?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)