Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 AM EST
Lost in all of the midnight non-tender deadline stuff was the fact that the Diamondbacks agreed to a one-year deal with pitcher Zach Duke, who they acquired from Pittsburgh last week. If they couldn’t do a deal, the Dbacks were going to non-tender him rather than go to arbitration.
The contract: $4.25 million. In like, American dollars. For a guy who went 8-15 with a 5.72 ERA and who will now be pitching in a much more hitter-friendly ballpark. But, hey, at least he makes up for being hit hard by not striking out a lot of guys and walking a good many too. The total package, that Duke.
Four and a half million for that? And people seriously think that Manny Ramirez should only get $800K?
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)