Dec 3, 2010, 9:38 AM EDT
Lost in all of the midnight non-tender deadline stuff was the fact that the Diamondbacks agreed to a one-year deal with pitcher Zach Duke, who they acquired from Pittsburgh last week. If they couldn’t do a deal, the Dbacks were going to non-tender him rather than go to arbitration.
The contract: $4.25 million. In like, American dollars. For a guy who went 8-15 with a 5.72 ERA and who will now be pitching in a much more hitter-friendly ballpark. But, hey, at least he makes up for being hit hard by not striking out a lot of guys and walking a good many too. The total package, that Duke.
Four and a half million for that? And people seriously think that Manny Ramirez should only get $800K?
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)