Dec 3, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
Fired Arizona Diamondbacks are the new inefficiency.
A couple months after hiring former Dbacks manager A.J. Hinch, the Padres have hired his old boss, Josh Byrnes, to be the senior vice president of baseball operations. There he’ll answer to Jed Hoyer, with whom Byrnes used to work in Boston.
When last we heard from Byrnes he was interviewing for the Mets’ GM job, though no one really suspected that he’d get it. Figure that after a year or two working in San Diego that he’ll be back in the mix for other GM jobs next year
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 16
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 24
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL