Dec 3, 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Fired Arizona Diamondbacks are the new inefficiency.
A couple months after hiring former Dbacks manager A.J. Hinch, the Padres have hired his old boss, Josh Byrnes, to be the senior vice president of baseball operations. There he’ll answer to Jed Hoyer, with whom Byrnes used to work in Boston.
When last we heard from Byrnes he was interviewing for the Mets’ GM job, though no one really suspected that he’d get it. Figure that after a year or two working in San Diego that he’ll be back in the mix for other GM jobs next year
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)