Dec 3, 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Fired Arizona Diamondbacks are the new inefficiency.
A couple months after hiring former Dbacks manager A.J. Hinch, the Padres have hired his old boss, Josh Byrnes, to be the senior vice president of baseball operations. There he’ll answer to Jed Hoyer, with whom Byrnes used to work in Boston.
When last we heard from Byrnes he was interviewing for the Mets’ GM job, though no one really suspected that he’d get it. Figure that after a year or two working in San Diego that he’ll be back in the mix for other GM jobs next year
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)