Dec 4, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
That’s what the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott believes, and while he doesn’t have any particulars on what’s being discussed, he sees a package led by Kyle Drabek and Travis Snider potentially getting a deal done.
Which sounds like a very legitimate offer. Drabek was the biggest of the three pieces the Jays got back from the Phillies for Roy Halladay last season. Doug’s son went 14-9 with a 2.94 ERA in Double-A last season, and though he lost all three of September starts in his major league debut, he hardly embarrassed himself by posting a 4.76 ERA. He has No. 2-starter upside.
Snider has yet to really put it together in the majors, but his .255/.318/.446 line in 612 at-bats isn’t too shabby for a guy who isn’t even 23 yet. He’s still well on his way to becoming a 30-homer guy, and he’s proved solid enough defensively in left field for a guy who was pegged by some as a future DH coming out of high school.
Ideally, the Jays wouldn’t have to part with both and could instead trade one of the two along with perhaps two from the group of left-hander Brett Cecil, catcher J.P. Arencibia and outfielder Anthony Gose. Greinke, though, will fetch a bigger return than Adrian Gonzalez did, mostly because he’s under control for two more years. If the Jays are serious about bringing him in, they’ll probably have to use both of their biggest chips.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)