Dec 4, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
That’s what the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott believes, and while he doesn’t have any particulars on what’s being discussed, he sees a package led by Kyle Drabek and Travis Snider potentially getting a deal done.
Which sounds like a very legitimate offer. Drabek was the biggest of the three pieces the Jays got back from the Phillies for Roy Halladay last season. Doug’s son went 14-9 with a 2.94 ERA in Double-A last season, and though he lost all three of September starts in his major league debut, he hardly embarrassed himself by posting a 4.76 ERA. He has No. 2-starter upside.
Snider has yet to really put it together in the majors, but his .255/.318/.446 line in 612 at-bats isn’t too shabby for a guy who isn’t even 23 yet. He’s still well on his way to becoming a 30-homer guy, and he’s proved solid enough defensively in left field for a guy who was pegged by some as a future DH coming out of high school.
Ideally, the Jays wouldn’t have to part with both and could instead trade one of the two along with perhaps two from the group of left-hander Brett Cecil, catcher J.P. Arencibia and outfielder Anthony Gose. Greinke, though, will fetch a bigger return than Adrian Gonzalez did, mostly because he’s under control for two more years. If the Jays are serious about bringing him in, they’ll probably have to use both of their biggest chips.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)