Dec 4, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
That’s what the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott believes, and while he doesn’t have any particulars on what’s being discussed, he sees a package led by Kyle Drabek and Travis Snider potentially getting a deal done.
Which sounds like a very legitimate offer. Drabek was the biggest of the three pieces the Jays got back from the Phillies for Roy Halladay last season. Doug’s son went 14-9 with a 2.94 ERA in Double-A last season, and though he lost all three of September starts in his major league debut, he hardly embarrassed himself by posting a 4.76 ERA. He has No. 2-starter upside.
Snider has yet to really put it together in the majors, but his .255/.318/.446 line in 612 at-bats isn’t too shabby for a guy who isn’t even 23 yet. He’s still well on his way to becoming a 30-homer guy, and he’s proved solid enough defensively in left field for a guy who was pegged by some as a future DH coming out of high school.
Ideally, the Jays wouldn’t have to part with both and could instead trade one of the two along with perhaps two from the group of left-hander Brett Cecil, catcher J.P. Arencibia and outfielder Anthony Gose. Greinke, though, will fetch a bigger return than Adrian Gonzalez did, mostly because he’s under control for two more years. If the Jays are serious about bringing him in, they’ll probably have to use both of their biggest chips.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)