Dec 4, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
That’s what the Toronto Sun’s Bob Elliott believes, and while he doesn’t have any particulars on what’s being discussed, he sees a package led by Kyle Drabek and Travis Snider potentially getting a deal done.
Which sounds like a very legitimate offer. Drabek was the biggest of the three pieces the Jays got back from the Phillies for Roy Halladay last season. Doug’s son went 14-9 with a 2.94 ERA in Double-A last season, and though he lost all three of September starts in his major league debut, he hardly embarrassed himself by posting a 4.76 ERA. He has No. 2-starter upside.
Snider has yet to really put it together in the majors, but his .255/.318/.446 line in 612 at-bats isn’t too shabby for a guy who isn’t even 23 yet. He’s still well on his way to becoming a 30-homer guy, and he’s proved solid enough defensively in left field for a guy who was pegged by some as a future DH coming out of high school.
Ideally, the Jays wouldn’t have to part with both and could instead trade one of the two along with perhaps two from the group of left-hander Brett Cecil, catcher J.P. Arencibia and outfielder Anthony Gose. Greinke, though, will fetch a bigger return than Adrian Gonzalez did, mostly because he’s under control for two more years. If the Jays are serious about bringing him in, they’ll probably have to use both of their biggest chips.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)