Dec 4, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
How will the Padres fill the void in their lineup left by Adrian Gonzalez? You can scratch Mark Reynolds off the list.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona writes that the Padres aren’t a fit for Reynolds because the Diamondbacks want two relievers in return. The Padres already traded Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica to the Marlins in order to acquire Cameron Maybin last month, so assuming the Diamondbacks want somebody other than Heath Bell, Jed Hoyer is unlikely to deplete his bullpen even further.
The Orioles remain the most logical trade partner for Reynolds. Still, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes this morning that the O’s aren’t completely sold on the free-swinging third baseman and seems to think that they may be reluctant to part with right-hander Chris Tillman. Zrebiec echoes McGruder by saying that the Diamondbacks want a pair of young arms in return and mentions that right-hander David Hernandez and third baseman Josh Bell have come up in negotiations.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)