Dec 4, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
How will the Padres fill the void in their lineup left by Adrian Gonzalez? You can scratch Mark Reynolds off the list.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona writes that the Padres aren’t a fit for Reynolds because the Diamondbacks want two relievers in return. The Padres already traded Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica to the Marlins in order to acquire Cameron Maybin last month, so assuming the Diamondbacks want somebody other than Heath Bell, Jed Hoyer is unlikely to deplete his bullpen even further.
The Orioles remain the most logical trade partner for Reynolds. Still, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes this morning that the O’s aren’t completely sold on the free-swinging third baseman and seems to think that they may be reluctant to part with right-hander Chris Tillman. Zrebiec echoes McGruder by saying that the Diamondbacks want a pair of young arms in return and mentions that right-hander David Hernandez and third baseman Josh Bell have come up in negotiations.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming