Dec 4, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
How will the Padres fill the void in their lineup left by Adrian Gonzalez? You can scratch Mark Reynolds off the list.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona writes that the Padres aren’t a fit for Reynolds because the Diamondbacks want two relievers in return. The Padres already traded Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica to the Marlins in order to acquire Cameron Maybin last month, so assuming the Diamondbacks want somebody other than Heath Bell, Jed Hoyer is unlikely to deplete his bullpen even further.
The Orioles remain the most logical trade partner for Reynolds. Still, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes this morning that the O’s aren’t completely sold on the free-swinging third baseman and seems to think that they may be reluctant to part with right-hander Chris Tillman. Zrebiec echoes McGruder by saying that the Diamondbacks want a pair of young arms in return and mentions that right-hander David Hernandez and third baseman Josh Bell have come up in negotiations.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)