Dec 4, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
How will the Padres fill the void in their lineup left by Adrian Gonzalez? You can scratch Mark Reynolds off the list.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona writes that the Padres aren’t a fit for Reynolds because the Diamondbacks want two relievers in return. The Padres already traded Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica to the Marlins in order to acquire Cameron Maybin last month, so assuming the Diamondbacks want somebody other than Heath Bell, Jed Hoyer is unlikely to deplete his bullpen even further.
The Orioles remain the most logical trade partner for Reynolds. Still, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes this morning that the O’s aren’t completely sold on the free-swinging third baseman and seems to think that they may be reluctant to part with right-hander Chris Tillman. Zrebiec echoes McGruder by saying that the Diamondbacks want a pair of young arms in return and mentions that right-hander David Hernandez and third baseman Josh Bell have come up in negotiations.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17