Dec 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EST
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that while the Angels and Yankees are two of the teams of “particular interest” to Carl Crawford, the Rangers are also in on the free agent outfielder.
And it appears the interest is mutual. According to Heyman, the Rangers are high on Crawford’s list.
Crawford is from Houston, so it’s not as much of a stretch as you might think. The Rangers can’t possibly put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket, especially with the Yankees involved in the bidding, so it’s imperative that Jon Daniels examines other options to improve the team.
With that in mind, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported last night that the club has “floated multiple proposals” for Zack Greinke, but that they are “not close” to meeting the Royals’ demands for the ace right-hander.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)