Dec 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that while the Angels and Yankees are two of the teams of “particular interest” to Carl Crawford, the Rangers are also in on the free agent outfielder.
And it appears the interest is mutual. According to Heyman, the Rangers are high on Crawford’s list.
Crawford is from Houston, so it’s not as much of a stretch as you might think. The Rangers can’t possibly put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket, especially with the Yankees involved in the bidding, so it’s imperative that Jon Daniels examines other options to improve the team.
With that in mind, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported last night that the club has “floated multiple proposals” for Zack Greinke, but that they are “not close” to meeting the Royals’ demands for the ace right-hander.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)