Dec 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that while the Angels and Yankees are two of the teams of “particular interest” to Carl Crawford, the Rangers are also in on the free agent outfielder.
And it appears the interest is mutual. According to Heyman, the Rangers are high on Crawford’s list.
Crawford is from Houston, so it’s not as much of a stretch as you might think. The Rangers can’t possibly put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket, especially with the Yankees involved in the bidding, so it’s imperative that Jon Daniels examines other options to improve the team.
With that in mind, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported last night that the club has “floated multiple proposals” for Zack Greinke, but that they are “not close” to meeting the Royals’ demands for the ace right-hander.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 5
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)