Dec 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that while the Angels and Yankees are two of the teams of “particular interest” to Carl Crawford, the Rangers are also in on the free agent outfielder.
And it appears the interest is mutual. According to Heyman, the Rangers are high on Crawford’s list.
Crawford is from Houston, so it’s not as much of a stretch as you might think. The Rangers can’t possibly put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket, especially with the Yankees involved in the bidding, so it’s imperative that Jon Daniels examines other options to improve the team.
With that in mind, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported last night that the club has “floated multiple proposals” for Zack Greinke, but that they are “not close” to meeting the Royals’ demands for the ace right-hander.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)