Dec 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EST
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that while the Angels and Yankees are two of the teams of “particular interest” to Carl Crawford, the Rangers are also in on the free agent outfielder.
And it appears the interest is mutual. According to Heyman, the Rangers are high on Crawford’s list.
Crawford is from Houston, so it’s not as much of a stretch as you might think. The Rangers can’t possibly put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket, especially with the Yankees involved in the bidding, so it’s imperative that Jon Daniels examines other options to improve the team.
With that in mind, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported last night that the club has “floated multiple proposals” for Zack Greinke, but that they are “not close” to meeting the Royals’ demands for the ace right-hander.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)