Dec 6, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is looking for a major-league deal or he’ll likely accept Washington’s offer of a minor-league contract and re-sign with the Nationals, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Last offseason Washington gave Wang a one-year contract that included $2 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million in potential incentives, but he struggled to come back from shoulder surgery and never threw a pitch for the Nationals.
His last big-league appearance came in July of 2009, so it seems unlikely that Wang would get more money this offseason than he got last offseason, although with the way teams are throwing money around so far perhaps it’s not as far fetched as it appears.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)