Dec 6, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is looking for a major-league deal or he’ll likely accept Washington’s offer of a minor-league contract and re-sign with the Nationals, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Last offseason Washington gave Wang a one-year contract that included $2 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million in potential incentives, but he struggled to come back from shoulder surgery and never threw a pitch for the Nationals.
His last big-league appearance came in July of 2009, so it seems unlikely that Wang would get more money this offseason than he got last offseason, although with the way teams are throwing money around so far perhaps it’s not as far fetched as it appears.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)