Dec 6, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is looking for a major-league deal or he’ll likely accept Washington’s offer of a minor-league contract and re-sign with the Nationals, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Last offseason Washington gave Wang a one-year contract that included $2 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million in potential incentives, but he struggled to come back from shoulder surgery and never threw a pitch for the Nationals.
His last big-league appearance came in July of 2009, so it seems unlikely that Wang would get more money this offseason than he got last offseason, although with the way teams are throwing money around so far perhaps it’s not as far fetched as it appears.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)