Dec 6, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is looking for a major-league deal or he’ll likely accept Washington’s offer of a minor-league contract and re-sign with the Nationals, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Last offseason Washington gave Wang a one-year contract that included $2 million in guaranteed money and another $3 million in potential incentives, but he struggled to come back from shoulder surgery and never threw a pitch for the Nationals.
His last big-league appearance came in July of 2009, so it seems unlikely that Wang would get more money this offseason than he got last offseason, although with the way teams are throwing money around so far perhaps it’s not as far fetched as it appears.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1