Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Dodgers have made James Loney available.
There already was a glut of OK-but-nothin’-special first basemen out there, so this only adds to that. Carlos Pena? Adam LaRoche? Derrick Lee? Loney? Take your pick, bargain shoppers. That is, if there is such a thing as a bargain anymore in a post-Werth world.
Loney will cost you players, though, so there’s that. The Nationals need a first baseman, but they seem to be made of money, so they’ll probably just give Carlos Pena six years and $72 million or something.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)