Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Dodgers have made James Loney available.
There already was a glut of OK-but-nothin’-special first basemen out there, so this only adds to that. Carlos Pena? Adam LaRoche? Derrick Lee? Loney? Take your pick, bargain shoppers. That is, if there is such a thing as a bargain anymore in a post-Werth world.
Loney will cost you players, though, so there’s that. The Nationals need a first baseman, but they seem to be made of money, so they’ll probably just give Carlos Pena six years and $72 million or something.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)