Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Dodgers have made James Loney available.
There already was a glut of OK-but-nothin’-special first basemen out there, so this only adds to that. Carlos Pena? Adam LaRoche? Derrick Lee? Loney? Take your pick, bargain shoppers. That is, if there is such a thing as a bargain anymore in a post-Werth world.
Loney will cost you players, though, so there’s that. The Nationals need a first baseman, but they seem to be made of money, so they’ll probably just give Carlos Pena six years and $72 million or something.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27