Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Dodgers have made James Loney available.
There already was a glut of OK-but-nothin’-special first basemen out there, so this only adds to that. Carlos Pena? Adam LaRoche? Derrick Lee? Loney? Take your pick, bargain shoppers. That is, if there is such a thing as a bargain anymore in a post-Werth world.
Loney will cost you players, though, so there’s that. The Nationals need a first baseman, but they seem to be made of money, so they’ll probably just give Carlos Pena six years and $72 million or something.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)