Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Dodgers have made James Loney available.
There already was a glut of OK-but-nothin’-special first basemen out there, so this only adds to that. Carlos Pena? Adam LaRoche? Derrick Lee? Loney? Take your pick, bargain shoppers. That is, if there is such a thing as a bargain anymore in a post-Werth world.
Loney will cost you players, though, so there’s that. The Nationals need a first baseman, but they seem to be made of money, so they’ll probably just give Carlos Pena six years and $72 million or something.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)