Dec 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Buster Olney says that, contrary to reports that he’s willing to be a utility guy, Russell Martin intends to be a catcher in 2011. He also says that the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox as possibilities and that they have all examined Martin’s medicals over the last day.
Andy Martino says, however, that the Mets think his price tag too high. With Saltalamaccia and Varitek under contract, it’s hard to see how he’d fit in Boston. I suppose Toronto and New York could happen.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)