Dec 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Buster Olney says that, contrary to reports that he’s willing to be a utility guy, Russell Martin intends to be a catcher in 2011. He also says that the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox as possibilities and that they have all examined Martin’s medicals over the last day.
Andy Martino says, however, that the Mets think his price tag too high. With Saltalamaccia and Varitek under contract, it’s hard to see how he’d fit in Boston. I suppose Toronto and New York could happen.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)