Dec 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Buster Olney says that, contrary to reports that he’s willing to be a utility guy, Russell Martin intends to be a catcher in 2011. He also says that the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox as possibilities and that they have all examined Martin’s medicals over the last day.
Andy Martino says, however, that the Mets think his price tag too high. With Saltalamaccia and Varitek under contract, it’s hard to see how he’d fit in Boston. I suppose Toronto and New York could happen.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)