Dec 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Buster Olney says that, contrary to reports that he’s willing to be a utility guy, Russell Martin intends to be a catcher in 2011. He also says that the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox as possibilities and that they have all examined Martin’s medicals over the last day.
Andy Martino says, however, that the Mets think his price tag too high. With Saltalamaccia and Varitek under contract, it’s hard to see how he’d fit in Boston. I suppose Toronto and New York could happen.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)