Dec 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Buster Olney says that, contrary to reports that he’s willing to be a utility guy, Russell Martin intends to be a catcher in 2011. He also says that the Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox as possibilities and that they have all examined Martin’s medicals over the last day.
Andy Martino says, however, that the Mets think his price tag too high. With Saltalamaccia and Varitek under contract, it’s hard to see how he’d fit in Boston. I suppose Toronto and New York could happen.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 35
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)