Dec 6, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner perfectly sums up Marvin Miller failing to make the Hall of Fame:
Marvin’s legacy is undiminished by this vote; the Hall, by contrast, once again squandered a chance to better itself as an institution.
The number one topic of conversation at the Winter Meetings so far is the Jayson Werth contract. Second is definitely the Miller snub. There are some who don’t think it’s a big deal. There are many more who think it’s a travesty. There is no one, however, save the people who voted against his induction, who are pleased with the outcome.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)