Dec 6, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner perfectly sums up Marvin Miller failing to make the Hall of Fame:
Marvin’s legacy is undiminished by this vote; the Hall, by contrast, once again squandered a chance to better itself as an institution.
The number one topic of conversation at the Winter Meetings so far is the Jayson Werth contract. Second is definitely the Miller snub. There are some who don’t think it’s a big deal. There are many more who think it’s a travesty. There is no one, however, save the people who voted against his induction, who are pleased with the outcome.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)