Dec 6, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner perfectly sums up Marvin Miller failing to make the Hall of Fame:
Marvin’s legacy is undiminished by this vote; the Hall, by contrast, once again squandered a chance to better itself as an institution.
The number one topic of conversation at the Winter Meetings so far is the Jayson Werth contract. Second is definitely the Miller snub. There are some who don’t think it’s a big deal. There are many more who think it’s a travesty. There is no one, however, save the people who voted against his induction, who are pleased with the outcome.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)