Dec 6, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner perfectly sums up Marvin Miller failing to make the Hall of Fame:
Marvin’s legacy is undiminished by this vote; the Hall, by contrast, once again squandered a chance to better itself as an institution.
The number one topic of conversation at the Winter Meetings so far is the Jayson Werth contract. Second is definitely the Miller snub. There are some who don’t think it’s a big deal. There are many more who think it’s a travesty. There is no one, however, save the people who voted against his induction, who are pleased with the outcome.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27