Dec 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
I put the headline that way because that’s the real news nugget here. But Jayson Stark says it could be worse: two teams, the Royals and Phillies, are apparently both interested. He says that the Royals have “picked up the pace” on Frenchie.
I’m sure cooler heads will prevail, but I can’t envision a situation that would give me more warm happy fuzzy joys than the Phillies and Royals entering into a bidding war over Francoeur. In an ideal world, the Royals bid heavily, complete with lots of juicy reports of them “coveting his tools” or some such, but the Phillies ultimately “win” his services, thereby making sure that, you know, the Phillies have Jeff Francoeur.
Such a turn of events would give me more posting fodder than the Derek Jeter business.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)