Dec 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
I put the headline that way because that’s the real news nugget here. But Jayson Stark says it could be worse: two teams, the Royals and Phillies, are apparently both interested. He says that the Royals have “picked up the pace” on Frenchie.
I’m sure cooler heads will prevail, but I can’t envision a situation that would give me more warm happy fuzzy joys than the Phillies and Royals entering into a bidding war over Francoeur. In an ideal world, the Royals bid heavily, complete with lots of juicy reports of them “coveting his tools” or some such, but the Phillies ultimately “win” his services, thereby making sure that, you know, the Phillies have Jeff Francoeur.
Such a turn of events would give me more posting fodder than the Derek Jeter business.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)