Dec 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
I put the headline that way because that’s the real news nugget here. But Jayson Stark says it could be worse: two teams, the Royals and Phillies, are apparently both interested. He says that the Royals have “picked up the pace” on Frenchie.
I’m sure cooler heads will prevail, but I can’t envision a situation that would give me more warm happy fuzzy joys than the Phillies and Royals entering into a bidding war over Francoeur. In an ideal world, the Royals bid heavily, complete with lots of juicy reports of them “coveting his tools” or some such, but the Phillies ultimately “win” his services, thereby making sure that, you know, the Phillies have Jeff Francoeur.
Such a turn of events would give me more posting fodder than the Derek Jeter business.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)