Dec 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
I put the headline that way because that’s the real news nugget here. But Jayson Stark says it could be worse: two teams, the Royals and Phillies, are apparently both interested. He says that the Royals have “picked up the pace” on Frenchie.
I’m sure cooler heads will prevail, but I can’t envision a situation that would give me more warm happy fuzzy joys than the Phillies and Royals entering into a bidding war over Francoeur. In an ideal world, the Royals bid heavily, complete with lots of juicy reports of them “coveting his tools” or some such, but the Phillies ultimately “win” his services, thereby making sure that, you know, the Phillies have Jeff Francoeur.
Such a turn of events would give me more posting fodder than the Derek Jeter business.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)