Dec 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
I put the headline that way because that’s the real news nugget here. But Jayson Stark says it could be worse: two teams, the Royals and Phillies, are apparently both interested. He says that the Royals have “picked up the pace” on Frenchie.
I’m sure cooler heads will prevail, but I can’t envision a situation that would give me more warm happy fuzzy joys than the Phillies and Royals entering into a bidding war over Francoeur. In an ideal world, the Royals bid heavily, complete with lots of juicy reports of them “coveting his tools” or some such, but the Phillies ultimately “win” his services, thereby making sure that, you know, the Phillies have Jeff Francoeur.
Such a turn of events would give me more posting fodder than the Derek Jeter business.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)