Quote of the Day: Ozzie Guillen

Dec 6, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT

IMG_1363

We’ve reached the point of the Winter Meetings when the managers are made available for the media. Ozzie Guillen just got done talking and, not surprisingly, he drew a crowd. Why does he draw a crowd? Because he says stuff like this, when asked for his thoughts on the Jayson Werth contract:

I wish I was his agent. Or his wife.

There ain’t nobody better than Ozzie.

1. Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Sure there is. Any garden variety aphasic bag lady sitting on a Manhattan steam grating can regurgitate a string of gibberish that’s funnier, makes more sense, and has more wisdom in it. Ozzie is a dimwitted jackass who thinks he’s the second coming of Yogi Berra in Espanglish, only dumber.

• mcsnide - Dec 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Geez, Gator, did Ozzie run over your puppy once?

• Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM

And then backed up again under the pretext of administering ultimate unction.

• mcsnide - Dec 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Well, at least you’re keeping it all in perspective.

• bigharold - Dec 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

“Ozzie is a dimwitted jackass who thinks he’s the second coming of Yogi Berra in Espanglish, only dumber.”

Don’t hold, Gator, .. tell us how you really feel. LOL!!

• paperlions - Dec 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Really? This from the person that insists on typing “Feesh” and “Feelie”?

• Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I don’t need to “insist.” My keyboard is well trained and knows precisely what I expect of it.

• Utley's Hair - Dec 6, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Which undoubtedly is quite handy when one of your hands is otherwise occupied, I’ll bet.

• Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM

That’s when knowing how to play stride piano in the lobby of a center of horizontal entertainment in Storyville came in handy, too. You had one free hand to hold your drink.

Sorry, I’ve been reading Mister Jelly Roll again. I have a fondness for scoundrels.

2. Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Yeah, just like I learned from Escher. What’s more, I’m not sure that if I hadn’t been standing there, he would have eaten it too – just because he couldn’t find a capybara to throw in the freezer for Easter. Or some such thing.

3. yankees1996 - Dec 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I like Ozzie, he cracks me up, you never know what is coming out of his mouth.

• Old Gator - Dec 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I feel the same way about the spirit in my Ouija Scrabble board.

4. pisano - Dec 7, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Ozzie and the Village Idiot eat out of the same trough.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet