Dec 6, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
The announcement of the Veteran’s Committee vote for the Hall of Fame is going to take place in about 20 minutes, but right now MLB Network Radio (on XM/Sirius) is reporting one electee: Former Jays and Phillies GM Pat Gillick.
Also on the ballot, of course, is Vida Blue, Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Rusty Staub, Billy Martin, Marvin Miller and — oh yeah — George Steinbrenner.
The stage where the announcement will be is approximately 75 feet to my right. If Marvin Miller doesn’t make it I might be forced to storm the stage, Kanye-style.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)