Dec 6, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
The announcement of the Veteran’s Committee vote for the Hall of Fame is going to take place in about 20 minutes, but right now MLB Network Radio (on XM/Sirius) is reporting one electee: Former Jays and Phillies GM Pat Gillick.
Also on the ballot, of course, is Vida Blue, Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Rusty Staub, Billy Martin, Marvin Miller and — oh yeah — George Steinbrenner.
The stage where the announcement will be is approximately 75 feet to my right. If Marvin Miller doesn’t make it I might be forced to storm the stage, Kanye-style.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)