Dec 6, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
The announcement of the Veteran’s Committee vote for the Hall of Fame is going to take place in about 20 minutes, but right now MLB Network Radio (on XM/Sirius) is reporting one electee: Former Jays and Phillies GM Pat Gillick.
Also on the ballot, of course, is Vida Blue, Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Rusty Staub, Billy Martin, Marvin Miller and — oh yeah — George Steinbrenner.
The stage where the announcement will be is approximately 75 feet to my right. If Marvin Miller doesn’t make it I might be forced to storm the stage, Kanye-style.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)