Dec 6, 2010, 9:34 AM EDT
The announcement of the Veteran’s Committee vote for the Hall of Fame is going to take place in about 20 minutes, but right now MLB Network Radio (on XM/Sirius) is reporting one electee: Former Jays and Phillies GM Pat Gillick.
Also on the ballot, of course, is Vida Blue, Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Rusty Staub, Billy Martin, Marvin Miller and — oh yeah — George Steinbrenner.
The stage where the announcement will be is approximately 75 feet to my right. If Marvin Miller doesn’t make it I might be forced to storm the stage, Kanye-style.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)