Dec 6, 2010, 9:34 AM EST
The announcement of the Veteran’s Committee vote for the Hall of Fame is going to take place in about 20 minutes, but right now MLB Network Radio (on XM/Sirius) is reporting one electee: Former Jays and Phillies GM Pat Gillick.
Also on the ballot, of course, is Vida Blue, Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Al Oliver, Ted Simmons, Rusty Staub, Billy Martin, Marvin Miller and — oh yeah — George Steinbrenner.
The stage where the announcement will be is approximately 75 feet to my right. If Marvin Miller doesn’t make it I might be forced to storm the stage, Kanye-style.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)