Dec 6, 2010, 6:32 PM EST
Let the games begin!
OK, so maybe there’s not a whole lot to get excited about quite yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told the Associated Press just a short while ago that he spoke with Cliff Lee’s agent Darek Braunecker today. In fact, Cashman said that “while we’re in the same area, I’m going to try to meet with him as much I possibly can.”
And so, Darek, if you see Cashman scaling down the outside of your hotel building at say, 3 a.m, don’t think anything of it. Just chalk it up to coincidence.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the two sides didn’t discuss money today, but we have a feeling that they will get around to it eventually.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)