Dec 6, 2010, 6:32 PM EST
Let the games begin!
OK, so maybe there’s not a whole lot to get excited about quite yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told the Associated Press just a short while ago that he spoke with Cliff Lee’s agent Darek Braunecker today. In fact, Cashman said that “while we’re in the same area, I’m going to try to meet with him as much I possibly can.”
And so, Darek, if you see Cashman scaling down the outside of your hotel building at say, 3 a.m, don’t think anything of it. Just chalk it up to coincidence.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the two sides didn’t discuss money today, but we have a feeling that they will get around to it eventually.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)