Dec 6, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
Let the games begin!
OK, so maybe there’s not a whole lot to get excited about quite yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told the Associated Press just a short while ago that he spoke with Cliff Lee’s agent Darek Braunecker today. In fact, Cashman said that “while we’re in the same area, I’m going to try to meet with him as much I possibly can.”
And so, Darek, if you see Cashman scaling down the outside of your hotel building at say, 3 a.m, don’t think anything of it. Just chalk it up to coincidence.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the two sides didn’t discuss money today, but we have a feeling that they will get around to it eventually.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)