Dec 6, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
Let the games begin!
OK, so maybe there’s not a whole lot to get excited about quite yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told the Associated Press just a short while ago that he spoke with Cliff Lee’s agent Darek Braunecker today. In fact, Cashman said that “while we’re in the same area, I’m going to try to meet with him as much I possibly can.”
And so, Darek, if you see Cashman scaling down the outside of your hotel building at say, 3 a.m, don’t think anything of it. Just chalk it up to coincidence.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the two sides didn’t discuss money today, but we have a feeling that they will get around to it eventually.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 40
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)