Dec 6, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
Let the games begin!
OK, so maybe there’s not a whole lot to get excited about quite yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told the Associated Press just a short while ago that he spoke with Cliff Lee’s agent Darek Braunecker today. In fact, Cashman said that “while we’re in the same area, I’m going to try to meet with him as much I possibly can.”
And so, Darek, if you see Cashman scaling down the outside of your hotel building at say, 3 a.m, don’t think anything of it. Just chalk it up to coincidence.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the two sides didn’t discuss money today, but we have a feeling that they will get around to it eventually.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 3
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)