Dec 6, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times report that the Dodgers are still talking to Vicente Padilla. This despite the fact that they now have five starters who are all superior to Vicente Padilla. Solution: Dylan and Mike say that the Dodgers could use him as a swingman or — get this — a closer.
Padilla has come out of the pen exactly once since 2001, but he did begin his career as a relief pitcher so I guess it could happen. Personally, I would love to have a closer who throws an eephus pitch or whatever that thing Padilla throws is called.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 48
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)