Dec 6, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times report that the Dodgers are still talking to Vicente Padilla. This despite the fact that they now have five starters who are all superior to Vicente Padilla. Solution: Dylan and Mike say that the Dodgers could use him as a swingman or — get this — a closer.
Padilla has come out of the pen exactly once since 2001, but he did begin his career as a relief pitcher so I guess it could happen. Personally, I would love to have a closer who throws an eephus pitch or whatever that thing Padilla throws is called.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 48
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead