Dec 6, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times report that the Dodgers are still talking to Vicente Padilla. This despite the fact that they now have five starters who are all superior to Vicente Padilla. Solution: Dylan and Mike say that the Dodgers could use him as a swingman or — get this — a closer.
Padilla has come out of the pen exactly once since 2001, but he did begin his career as a relief pitcher so I guess it could happen. Personally, I would love to have a closer who throws an eephus pitch or whatever that thing Padilla throws is called.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)