Dec 6, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times report that the Dodgers are still talking to Vicente Padilla. This despite the fact that they now have five starters who are all superior to Vicente Padilla. Solution: Dylan and Mike say that the Dodgers could use him as a swingman or — get this — a closer.
Padilla has come out of the pen exactly once since 2001, but he did begin his career as a relief pitcher so I guess it could happen. Personally, I would love to have a closer who throws an eephus pitch or whatever that thing Padilla throws is called.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)