Dec 6, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times report that the Dodgers are still talking to Vicente Padilla. This despite the fact that they now have five starters who are all superior to Vicente Padilla. Solution: Dylan and Mike say that the Dodgers could use him as a swingman or — get this — a closer.
Padilla has come out of the pen exactly once since 2001, but he did begin his career as a relief pitcher so I guess it could happen. Personally, I would love to have a closer who throws an eephus pitch or whatever that thing Padilla throws is called.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)