Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
The Judge in the McCourt divorce case has ruled. The post-nuptial agreement entered into between Frank and Jamie McCourt is invalid. Jamie wins. The Dodgers are community property.
Frank has made every indication that he’s going to appeal, but this is a huge, huge win for Jamie McCourt. If the appeal is unsuccessful, it likely means that a sale of the Dodgers is inevitable. That is, unless one of the McCourts can afford to buy out the other, which seems highly unlikely.
I haven’t read the judge’s decision yet. It’s apparently 100 pages long. I’ll try to track it down and take a look at it sometime today.
UPDATE: The decision won’t be released until 4:30 PM Eastern today.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)