Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
The Judge in the McCourt divorce case has ruled. The post-nuptial agreement entered into between Frank and Jamie McCourt is invalid. Jamie wins. The Dodgers are community property.
Frank has made every indication that he’s going to appeal, but this is a huge, huge win for Jamie McCourt. If the appeal is unsuccessful, it likely means that a sale of the Dodgers is inevitable. That is, unless one of the McCourts can afford to buy out the other, which seems highly unlikely.
I haven’t read the judge’s decision yet. It’s apparently 100 pages long. I’ll try to track it down and take a look at it sometime today.
UPDATE: The decision won’t be released until 4:30 PM Eastern today.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)