Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
The Judge in the McCourt divorce case has ruled. The post-nuptial agreement entered into between Frank and Jamie McCourt is invalid. Jamie wins. The Dodgers are community property.
Frank has made every indication that he’s going to appeal, but this is a huge, huge win for Jamie McCourt. If the appeal is unsuccessful, it likely means that a sale of the Dodgers is inevitable. That is, unless one of the McCourts can afford to buy out the other, which seems highly unlikely.
I haven’t read the judge’s decision yet. It’s apparently 100 pages long. I’ll try to track it down and take a look at it sometime today.
UPDATE: The decision won’t be released until 4:30 PM Eastern today.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)