Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
The Judge in the McCourt divorce case has ruled. The post-nuptial agreement entered into between Frank and Jamie McCourt is invalid. Jamie wins. The Dodgers are community property.
Frank has made every indication that he’s going to appeal, but this is a huge, huge win for Jamie McCourt. If the appeal is unsuccessful, it likely means that a sale of the Dodgers is inevitable. That is, unless one of the McCourts can afford to buy out the other, which seems highly unlikely.
I haven’t read the judge’s decision yet. It’s apparently 100 pages long. I’ll try to track it down and take a look at it sometime today.
UPDATE: The decision won’t be released until 4:30 PM Eastern today.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)