Dec 7, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
Even though we’re in the middle of Winter Meetings hysteria, there’s still plenty of time to pay attention to the sorts of matters which normally occupy this blog. For example: have you heard that Casey McGehee is in the best shape of his life?
[Barry] Meister said he also now is representing Brewers third baseman Casey McGehee, who certainly is a good pick-up for an agent. Meister said McGehee has been focusing on physical fitness this off-season and plans to come to spring training in his best shape ever.
The manager press availabilities will start again soon here in Orlando. It’s nice to have a good cliche appetizer like this before their cliche main course is served.
(thanks to Matt J. for the head’s up)
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)