Dec 7, 2010, 12:59 PM EST
Even though we’re in the middle of Winter Meetings hysteria, there’s still plenty of time to pay attention to the sorts of matters which normally occupy this blog. For example: have you heard that Casey McGehee is in the best shape of his life?
[Barry] Meister said he also now is representing Brewers third baseman Casey McGehee, who certainly is a good pick-up for an agent. Meister said McGehee has been focusing on physical fitness this off-season and plans to come to spring training in his best shape ever.
The manager press availabilities will start again soon here in Orlando. It’s nice to have a good cliche appetizer like this before their cliche main course is served.
(thanks to Matt J. for the head’s up)
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)