Dec 7, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that left-handed specialist Dennys Reyes will likely decide on his new team within the next 48 hours and will probably be choosing either the Phillies or Marlins “unless a new suitor emerges.”
On the other hand, John Hickey of AOL Fanhouse writes that the A’s and Mariners “seem to be going head to head” on Reyes.
Hmm. Whatever the case, it sounds like Reyes has multiple offers after posting a 3.55 ERA for the Cardinals this season.
He’s been a solid reliever for a while now, but it’s worth noting that Reyes’ usage under manager Tony La Russa was incredibly rigid, as he logged a total of just 38 innings in 59 appearances, and his 25/21 K/BB ratio has hardly impressive considering he was facing a left-handed batter 54 percent of the time.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)