Dec 7, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that left-handed specialist Dennys Reyes will likely decide on his new team within the next 48 hours and will probably be choosing either the Phillies or Marlins “unless a new suitor emerges.”
On the other hand, John Hickey of AOL Fanhouse writes that the A’s and Mariners “seem to be going head to head” on Reyes.
Hmm. Whatever the case, it sounds like Reyes has multiple offers after posting a 3.55 ERA for the Cardinals this season.
He’s been a solid reliever for a while now, but it’s worth noting that Reyes’ usage under manager Tony La Russa was incredibly rigid, as he logged a total of just 38 innings in 59 appearances, and his 25/21 K/BB ratio has hardly impressive considering he was facing a left-handed batter 54 percent of the time.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)