Dec 7, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that left-handed specialist Dennys Reyes will likely decide on his new team within the next 48 hours and will probably be choosing either the Phillies or Marlins “unless a new suitor emerges.”
On the other hand, John Hickey of AOL Fanhouse writes that the A’s and Mariners “seem to be going head to head” on Reyes.
Hmm. Whatever the case, it sounds like Reyes has multiple offers after posting a 3.55 ERA for the Cardinals this season.
He’s been a solid reliever for a while now, but it’s worth noting that Reyes’ usage under manager Tony La Russa was incredibly rigid, as he logged a total of just 38 innings in 59 appearances, and his 25/21 K/BB ratio has hardly impressive considering he was facing a left-handed batter 54 percent of the time.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)