Dec 7, 2010, 10:34 AM EST
The Dodgers are close to signing Vicente Padilla to a one-year, $2 million deal.
Compared to what some guys are getting this is a bargain. Padilla was injured a lot of last season, but when he pitched he was effective. Padilla will be a swingman next year. Odds are that your team’s swingman will be worse than Vicente Padilla.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86