Dec 7, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
The Dodgers are close to signing Vicente Padilla to a one-year, $2 million deal.
Compared to what some guys are getting this is a bargain. Padilla was injured a lot of last season, but when he pitched he was effective. Padilla will be a swingman next year. Odds are that your team’s swingman will be worse than Vicente Padilla.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106