Dec 7, 2010, 10:22 PM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers aren’t just bidding for Cliff Lee’s services, but it appears they are also the two finalists for Mark Prior.
That’s right. According to Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse, Prior will sign a minor league contract with one of the two clubs.
Prior, who hasn’t pitched in the big leagues since 2006, started his comeback this year by pitching with the Orange County Flyers of the independent Golden Baseball League. The Rangers signed the now 30-year-old right-hander to a minor league deal in September and he pitched one scoreless inning with Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Prior reportedly showed good velocity during his time in the independent league and hopes to resurrect his career as a relief pitcher.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights