Dec 7, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
There has been a lot of breathless Cliff Lee chatter today, and even some Zack Greinke stuff, but nothing on the biggest position player still out there: Carl Crawford.
The best we have right now: the Tigers like him, but the price is too high. The Red Sox can’t be ruled out, but nothing is happening. The Angels make a ton of sense but there haven’t been any rumors of discussions or offers or anything fun.
I had thought that Werth signing might have set off a bit of a panic for the only sure-thing bat on the market, but apparently that’s not the case. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 134
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)