Dec 7, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
There has been a lot of breathless Cliff Lee chatter today, and even some Zack Greinke stuff, but nothing on the biggest position player still out there: Carl Crawford.
The best we have right now: the Tigers like him, but the price is too high. The Red Sox can’t be ruled out, but nothing is happening. The Angels make a ton of sense but there haven’t been any rumors of discussions or offers or anything fun.
I had thought that Werth signing might have set off a bit of a panic for the only sure-thing bat on the market, but apparently that’s not the case. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)