Dec 7, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
There has been a lot of breathless Cliff Lee chatter today, and even some Zack Greinke stuff, but nothing on the biggest position player still out there: Carl Crawford.
The best we have right now: the Tigers like him, but the price is too high. The Red Sox can’t be ruled out, but nothing is happening. The Angels make a ton of sense but there haven’t been any rumors of discussions or offers or anything fun.
I had thought that Werth signing might have set off a bit of a panic for the only sure-thing bat on the market, but apparently that’s not the case. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)