Dec 7, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
There has been a lot of breathless Cliff Lee chatter today, and even some Zack Greinke stuff, but nothing on the biggest position player still out there: Carl Crawford.
The best we have right now: the Tigers like him, but the price is too high. The Red Sox can’t be ruled out, but nothing is happening. The Angels make a ton of sense but there haven’t been any rumors of discussions or offers or anything fun.
I had thought that Werth signing might have set off a bit of a panic for the only sure-thing bat on the market, but apparently that’s not the case. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)