Dec 7, 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
Crazy is contagious in Orlando, it seems.
Get this. According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Cliff Lee now has not just one, but two seven-year offers on the table for at least $20 million per season.
The thing is, it’s not clear who these teams might be, as both the Yankees and Rangers were reportedly reluctant to give a seven-year deal. That’s right. We have two mystery teams are in the mix for the free-agent left-hander.
One thing we do know is that the Angels aren’t one of them. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Angels general manager Tony Reagins said he has not many any formal contract offers to Lee, or even Carl Crawford, Adrian Beltre or Rafael Soriano, for that matter.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)