Dec 7, 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
Crazy is contagious in Orlando, it seems.
Get this. According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Cliff Lee now has not just one, but two seven-year offers on the table for at least $20 million per season.
The thing is, it’s not clear who these teams might be, as both the Yankees and Rangers were reportedly reluctant to give a seven-year deal. That’s right. We have two mystery teams are in the mix for the free-agent left-hander.
One thing we do know is that the Angels aren’t one of them. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Angels general manager Tony Reagins said he has not many any formal contract offers to Lee, or even Carl Crawford, Adrian Beltre or Rafael Soriano, for that matter.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)