Dec 7, 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
Crazy is contagious in Orlando, it seems.
Get this. According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Cliff Lee now has not just one, but two seven-year offers on the table for at least $20 million per season.
The thing is, it’s not clear who these teams might be, as both the Yankees and Rangers were reportedly reluctant to give a seven-year deal. That’s right. We have two mystery teams are in the mix for the free-agent left-hander.
One thing we do know is that the Angels aren’t one of them. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Angels general manager Tony Reagins said he has not many any formal contract offers to Lee, or even Carl Crawford, Adrian Beltre or Rafael Soriano, for that matter.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)