Dec 7, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT
To which I’d say if I were the Cardinals: done. Here: take your ten-years and $275 million and we’ll see you in spring training. Really, even if A-Rod’s contract was an overpay at the time, it’s difficult to argue that Pujols doesn’t deserve that. Indeed, if he hit the market, I suspect at least a couple of other teams would pay it.
The speculation is that the Cards want this done by Christmas. If $27 million a year is what Pujols wants, it could be done before Hanukkah is over.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 41
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)