Dec 7, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT
To which I’d say if I were the Cardinals: done. Here: take your ten-years and $275 million and we’ll see you in spring training. Really, even if A-Rod’s contract was an overpay at the time, it’s difficult to argue that Pujols doesn’t deserve that. Indeed, if he hit the market, I suspect at least a couple of other teams would pay it.
The speculation is that the Cards want this done by Christmas. If $27 million a year is what Pujols wants, it could be done before Hanukkah is over.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)