Dec 7, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT
To which I’d say if I were the Cardinals: done. Here: take your ten-years and $275 million and we’ll see you in spring training. Really, even if A-Rod’s contract was an overpay at the time, it’s difficult to argue that Pujols doesn’t deserve that. Indeed, if he hit the market, I suspect at least a couple of other teams would pay it.
The speculation is that the Cards want this done by Christmas. If $27 million a year is what Pujols wants, it could be done before Hanukkah is over.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)