Dec 7, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT
To which I’d say if I were the Cardinals: done. Here: take your ten-years and $275 million and we’ll see you in spring training. Really, even if A-Rod’s contract was an overpay at the time, it’s difficult to argue that Pujols doesn’t deserve that. Indeed, if he hit the market, I suspect at least a couple of other teams would pay it.
The speculation is that the Cards want this done by Christmas. If $27 million a year is what Pujols wants, it could be done before Hanukkah is over.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 19
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (80)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)