Dec 7, 2010, 7:19 PM EST
Here’s an interesting one.
According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, the Rangers are discussing a trade that would send Chris Davis and Darren O’Day to the Cubs.
Davis, who turns 24 in March, has a modest .248/.300/.459 batting line at the big league level and has struggled to make contact, but could be a solution for the Cubs at first base. If they agree on a deal, that probably means the Cubs are out on free-agent first baseman Carlos Pena.
It’s not clear who the Rangers want in return, but it’s possible that they could covet either Robinson Chirinos or Welington Castillo, two young catchers who are currently blocked by Geovany Soto with the big club. Then again, the Rangers just gave a two-year, $6.25 million contract to Yorvit Torrealba, so what do I know? In any case, expect more players involved in the deal, if it happens. It’s even possible that they could be targeting a specific prospect to use in a trade for Zack Greinke or Matt Garza.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)