Dec 7, 2010, 2:13 AM EST
Jim Tracy collapsed near the elevator at his hotal at baseball’s winter meetings late Monday night, but he was conscious and responsive when emergency personnel arrived, reports MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
Tracy was standing with Rockies coaches when he collapsed just after 1:30 a.m. He was taken to an ambulance on a stretcher and sent to an Orlando-area hospital. There’s been no additional word yet on his condition, but the early returns are encouraging.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)