Dec 7, 2010, 2:13 AM EDT
Jim Tracy collapsed near the elevator at his hotal at baseball’s winter meetings late Monday night, but he was conscious and responsive when emergency personnel arrived, reports MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
Tracy was standing with Rockies coaches when he collapsed just after 1:30 a.m. He was taken to an ambulance on a stretcher and sent to an Orlando-area hospital. There’s been no additional word yet on his condition, but the early returns are encouraging.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)