Dec 7, 2010, 2:13 AM EDT
Jim Tracy collapsed near the elevator at his hotal at baseball’s winter meetings late Monday night, but he was conscious and responsive when emergency personnel arrived, reports MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
Tracy was standing with Rockies coaches when he collapsed just after 1:30 a.m. He was taken to an ambulance on a stretcher and sent to an Orlando-area hospital. There’s been no additional word yet on his condition, but the early returns are encouraging.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)