Dec 7, 2010, 2:13 AM EDT
Jim Tracy collapsed near the elevator at his hotal at baseball’s winter meetings late Monday night, but he was conscious and responsive when emergency personnel arrived, reports MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
Tracy was standing with Rockies coaches when he collapsed just after 1:30 a.m. He was taken to an ambulance on a stretcher and sent to an Orlando-area hospital. There’s been no additional word yet on his condition, but the early returns are encouraging.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)