Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN.com, the Mets have signed Ronny Paulino to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million. He’ll have a chance to earn more with performance-based incentives.
9:56 AM: Any time you can sign a 3o year-old catcher with a .259/.311/.354 line who was just DFA’d — and who got suspended for 50 games last year for PEDs — you have to do it. That’s what the Mets think anyway, because they’re reported to be on the verge of signing Ronny Paulino, reports Jorge Arangure.
I kid, Mets fans. Paulino is only going to be a backup, and you could probably do worse with backups than Paulino. As long as he’s not making real money this one is more open for empty mocking, not purposed mocking.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)