Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EST
UPDATE: According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN.com, the Mets have signed Ronny Paulino to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million. He’ll have a chance to earn more with performance-based incentives.
9:56 AM: Any time you can sign a 3o year-old catcher with a .259/.311/.354 line who was just DFA’d — and who got suspended for 50 games last year for PEDs — you have to do it. That’s what the Mets think anyway, because they’re reported to be on the verge of signing Ronny Paulino, reports Jorge Arangure.
I kid, Mets fans. Paulino is only going to be a backup, and you could probably do worse with backups than Paulino. As long as he’s not making real money this one is more open for empty mocking, not purposed mocking.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)