Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN.com, the Mets have signed Ronny Paulino to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million. He’ll have a chance to earn more with performance-based incentives.
9:56 AM: Any time you can sign a 3o year-old catcher with a .259/.311/.354 line who was just DFA’d — and who got suspended for 50 games last year for PEDs — you have to do it. That’s what the Mets think anyway, because they’re reported to be on the verge of signing Ronny Paulino, reports Jorge Arangure.
I kid, Mets fans. Paulino is only going to be a backup, and you could probably do worse with backups than Paulino. As long as he’s not making real money this one is more open for empty mocking, not purposed mocking.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)