Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN.com, the Mets have signed Ronny Paulino to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million. He’ll have a chance to earn more with performance-based incentives.
9:56 AM: Any time you can sign a 3o year-old catcher with a .259/.311/.354 line who was just DFA’d — and who got suspended for 50 games last year for PEDs — you have to do it. That’s what the Mets think anyway, because they’re reported to be on the verge of signing Ronny Paulino, reports Jorge Arangure.
I kid, Mets fans. Paulino is only going to be a backup, and you could probably do worse with backups than Paulino. As long as he’s not making real money this one is more open for empty mocking, not purposed mocking.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)