Dec 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com reports that the Nationals have “inquired” about Zack Greinke. There’s no sense that there’s a deal to be made there, but the Nats were at least asking.
Here’s my theory: the Nationals came to the Winter Meetings with the intention of making all kinds of headlines about giant offers they’d make and big fish they’d land, all in an effort to make the fans think they raised hell. Only someone screwed up and they accidentally signed Jayson Werth rather than just bluffing about it. Oops.
You heard a better theory? I haven’t.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)