Dec 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com reports that the Nationals have “inquired” about Zack Greinke. There’s no sense that there’s a deal to be made there, but the Nats were at least asking.
Here’s my theory: the Nationals came to the Winter Meetings with the intention of making all kinds of headlines about giant offers they’d make and big fish they’d land, all in an effort to make the fans think they raised hell. Only someone screwed up and they accidentally signed Jayson Werth rather than just bluffing about it. Oops.
You heard a better theory? I haven’t.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte