Dec 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com reports that the Nationals have “inquired” about Zack Greinke. There’s no sense that there’s a deal to be made there, but the Nats were at least asking.
Here’s my theory: the Nationals came to the Winter Meetings with the intention of making all kinds of headlines about giant offers they’d make and big fish they’d land, all in an effort to make the fans think they raised hell. Only someone screwed up and they accidentally signed Jayson Werth rather than just bluffing about it. Oops.
You heard a better theory? I haven’t.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (93)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)