Dec 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com reports that the Nationals have “inquired” about Zack Greinke. There’s no sense that there’s a deal to be made there, but the Nats were at least asking.
Here’s my theory: the Nationals came to the Winter Meetings with the intention of making all kinds of headlines about giant offers they’d make and big fish they’d land, all in an effort to make the fans think they raised hell. Only someone screwed up and they accidentally signed Jayson Werth rather than just bluffing about it. Oops.
You heard a better theory? I haven’t.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)