Dec 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
The big money continues to be spread around down here in Orlando. The latest: the Rockies have signed Ty Wigginton to a two-year deal worth $7.5 million.
Wigginton is a utility guy. Sure, he got a ton of plate appearances last year in Baltimore, but that was because the Garret Atkins experiment didn’t work out. He started the season strong, but he faded as the year wore on and in full time work he was exposed, posting a .248/.312/.413.
That, apparently is worth nearly $4 million a year now. A year or two years ago Wigginton would have received a million bucks. Maybe two.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)