Dec 8, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
This is pretty much how it goes all week here:
- Writer A says that the Washington Nationals are poised to sign Adam LaRoche;
- Writer B says, no, nothing imminent. There are talks, nothing more, and other teams are still interested.
Then everyone rushes to see who is listed as LaRoche’s agent in order to try to get a comment from him. Then you stroll around the lobby to try to find the Nationals’ Assistant Associate Vice-Vice-Vice President of Non-Critical Operations to see if you can read any tells off his face when he says “fine” after you ask him how his day is going.
It’s all very scientific, really.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 31
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 49
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)