Dec 8, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
This is pretty much how it goes all week here:
- Writer A says that the Washington Nationals are poised to sign Adam LaRoche;
- Writer B says, no, nothing imminent. There are talks, nothing more, and other teams are still interested.
Then everyone rushes to see who is listed as LaRoche’s agent in order to try to get a comment from him. Then you stroll around the lobby to try to find the Nationals’ Assistant Associate Vice-Vice-Vice President of Non-Critical Operations to see if you can read any tells off his face when he says “fine” after you ask him how his day is going.
It’s all very scientific, really.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)