Dec 8, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
This is pretty much how it goes all week here:
- Writer A says that the Washington Nationals are poised to sign Adam LaRoche;
- Writer B says, no, nothing imminent. There are talks, nothing more, and other teams are still interested.
Then everyone rushes to see who is listed as LaRoche’s agent in order to try to get a comment from him. Then you stroll around the lobby to try to find the Nationals’ Assistant Associate Vice-Vice-Vice President of Non-Critical Operations to see if you can read any tells off his face when he says “fine” after you ask him how his day is going.
It’s all very scientific, really.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)