Dec 8, 2010, 4:16 PM EST
Mike Hampton came back from his latest arm surgery to make 10 appearances as a left-handed specialist for the Diamondbacks in September and today Arizona re-signed him to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that Hampton “will compete for a job coming out of the bullpen” at age 38, after undergoing surgery to repair labrum and rotator cuff damage in his shoulder about 14 months ago.
Hampton hasn’t been healthy and effective in the same season since way back in 2004, throwing a grand total of 264 innings in the six years since then.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)