Dec 8, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
Yes, he dined with the Yankees, and sure, anyone can swoop in if they wanted to, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that two sources close to Carl Crawford are saying that he’s going to the Angels.
Which, for what it’s worth, a lot of people are saying down here in Orlando. Saxson cites “multiple high-ranking sources” saying such things. I tend to talk to multiple low-level sources — they’re young, but they’re sweet — who say the same thing. Likely filtered down from their high-ranking bosses and repeated to me in order to make them feel like they’re in the know. We’re similar like that, ya know?
No one thinks there is much to the Yankees rumors. One guy told me he believed it was a negotiation ploy. I kind of doubt the Yankees can really be used like that, but Luke Scott isn’t always wrong, so I believe him here.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)