Dec 8, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
Yes, he dined with the Yankees, and sure, anyone can swoop in if they wanted to, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that two sources close to Carl Crawford are saying that he’s going to the Angels.
Which, for what it’s worth, a lot of people are saying down here in Orlando. Saxson cites “multiple high-ranking sources” saying such things. I tend to talk to multiple low-level sources — they’re young, but they’re sweet — who say the same thing. Likely filtered down from their high-ranking bosses and repeated to me in order to make them feel like they’re in the know. We’re similar like that, ya know?
No one thinks there is much to the Yankees rumors. One guy told me he believed it was a negotiation ploy. I kind of doubt the Yankees can really be used like that, but Luke Scott isn’t always wrong, so I believe him here.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 15
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 3
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 75
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)