Dec 8, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
Yes, he dined with the Yankees, and sure, anyone can swoop in if they wanted to, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that two sources close to Carl Crawford are saying that he’s going to the Angels.
Which, for what it’s worth, a lot of people are saying down here in Orlando. Saxson cites “multiple high-ranking sources” saying such things. I tend to talk to multiple low-level sources — they’re young, but they’re sweet — who say the same thing. Likely filtered down from their high-ranking bosses and repeated to me in order to make them feel like they’re in the know. We’re similar like that, ya know?
No one thinks there is much to the Yankees rumors. One guy told me he believed it was a negotiation ploy. I kind of doubt the Yankees can really be used like that, but Luke Scott isn’t always wrong, so I believe him here.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)