Dec 8, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
Yes, he dined with the Yankees, and sure, anyone can swoop in if they wanted to, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that two sources close to Carl Crawford are saying that he’s going to the Angels.
Which, for what it’s worth, a lot of people are saying down here in Orlando. Saxson cites “multiple high-ranking sources” saying such things. I tend to talk to multiple low-level sources — they’re young, but they’re sweet — who say the same thing. Likely filtered down from their high-ranking bosses and repeated to me in order to make them feel like they’re in the know. We’re similar like that, ya know?
No one thinks there is much to the Yankees rumors. One guy told me he believed it was a negotiation ploy. I kind of doubt the Yankees can really be used like that, but Luke Scott isn’t always wrong, so I believe him here.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)