Dec 8, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Freddy Sanchez underwent left shoulder surgery yesterday and the Giants expect him to need about eight weeks of rehab, leaving plenty of time to get ready for spring training.
Of course, Sanchez also had surgery on his left shoulder last December and ended up needing five months to recover before playing in his first game of the season on May 19.
According to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle last year’s version was “more complex” than yesterday’s version, which involved “removal of the biceps tendon.”
Sanchez, who also underwent knee surgery shortly before signing a two-year extension with the Giants last offseason, is owed $6 million in 2011 after hitting .292/.347/.397 in 111 games this year.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)