Dec 8, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Freddy Sanchez underwent left shoulder surgery yesterday and the Giants expect him to need about eight weeks of rehab, leaving plenty of time to get ready for spring training.
Of course, Sanchez also had surgery on his left shoulder last December and ended up needing five months to recover before playing in his first game of the season on May 19.
According to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle last year’s version was “more complex” than yesterday’s version, which involved “removal of the biceps tendon.”
Sanchez, who also underwent knee surgery shortly before signing a two-year extension with the Giants last offseason, is owed $6 million in 2011 after hitting .292/.347/.397 in 111 games this year.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)