Dec 8, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Freddy Sanchez underwent left shoulder surgery yesterday and the Giants expect him to need about eight weeks of rehab, leaving plenty of time to get ready for spring training.
Of course, Sanchez also had surgery on his left shoulder last December and ended up needing five months to recover before playing in his first game of the season on May 19.
According to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle last year’s version was “more complex” than yesterday’s version, which involved “removal of the biceps tendon.”
Sanchez, who also underwent knee surgery shortly before signing a two-year extension with the Giants last offseason, is owed $6 million in 2011 after hitting .292/.347/.397 in 111 games this year.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120