Dec 8, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Freddy Sanchez underwent left shoulder surgery yesterday and the Giants expect him to need about eight weeks of rehab, leaving plenty of time to get ready for spring training.
Of course, Sanchez also had surgery on his left shoulder last December and ended up needing five months to recover before playing in his first game of the season on May 19.
According to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle last year’s version was “more complex” than yesterday’s version, which involved “removal of the biceps tendon.”
Sanchez, who also underwent knee surgery shortly before signing a two-year extension with the Giants last offseason, is owed $6 million in 2011 after hitting .292/.347/.397 in 111 games this year.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)