Dec 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN NewYork reports that Ken Oberkfell will be named Mets bench coach.
Oberkfell has managed the Mets’ AAA teams in their various locations for years, manages down in the Dominican Winter League and served as the Mets’ first base coach for a spell in 2008. He’s a company man who is now getting a longer ride in the majors, which he likely deserves. He’s also thought of as a cooler customer than Terry Collins is, so maybe he’ll provide some ying to Collins’ fiery yang.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 41
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld