Dec 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN NewYork reports that Ken Oberkfell will be named Mets bench coach.
Oberkfell has managed the Mets’ AAA teams in their various locations for years, manages down in the Dominican Winter League and served as the Mets’ first base coach for a spell in 2008. He’s a company man who is now getting a longer ride in the majors, which he likely deserves. He’s also thought of as a cooler customer than Terry Collins is, so maybe he’ll provide some ying to Collins’ fiery yang.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld