Dec 8, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
And you thought the Gold Glove awards were screwy: the Dodgers were just named the Topps Organization of the Year. The Topps award is given to club that “has shown outstanding performance, depth and talent throughout their Major and Minor League teams.”
I guess that technically doesn’t include the owners’ suite, but can you imagine working for one of the 29 teams that aren’t currently being ripped asunder by organizational strife and seeing the results of this award? Yikes.
And even if they don’t count the ownership stuff, Topps does know that this is the team that traded a great young pitcher for a month of Octavio Dotel, don’t they?
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)