Dec 8, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Over the summer Major League Baseball released this monster book called “The Official Major League Baseball Opus.” You can read details about it here. The upshot: it’s gigantic, has 1000 pictures in it and costs $3,000. Buy one for the person you love!
They put one of these in the media room this morning. I’m not sure this pic does it justice. I put my soda can in it for reference but obviously forgot that putting the soda can in the foreground would make it look bigger. Point remains, however: it’s huge. Over three feet wide when opened.
If I ever become a Bond villain with a giant study — the kind with a map of the world on the floor so that I may stomp on it as I plan global domination — I will definitely buy one of these and place it on a large obsidian stand someplace prominent.
In other words, it will be just like Selig’s office.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 8
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 15
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)