Dec 8, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Over the summer Major League Baseball released this monster book called “The Official Major League Baseball Opus.” You can read details about it here. The upshot: it’s gigantic, has 1000 pictures in it and costs $3,000. Buy one for the person you love!
They put one of these in the media room this morning. I’m not sure this pic does it justice. I put my soda can in it for reference but obviously forgot that putting the soda can in the foreground would make it look bigger. Point remains, however: it’s huge. Over three feet wide when opened.
If I ever become a Bond villain with a giant study — the kind with a map of the world on the floor so that I may stomp on it as I plan global domination — I will definitely buy one of these and place it on a large obsidian stand someplace prominent.
In other words, it will be just like Selig’s office.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)