Dec 8, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Over the summer Major League Baseball released this monster book called “The Official Major League Baseball Opus.” You can read details about it here. The upshot: it’s gigantic, has 1000 pictures in it and costs $3,000. Buy one for the person you love!
They put one of these in the media room this morning. I’m not sure this pic does it justice. I put my soda can in it for reference but obviously forgot that putting the soda can in the foreground would make it look bigger. Point remains, however: it’s huge. Over three feet wide when opened.
If I ever become a Bond villain with a giant study — the kind with a map of the world on the floor so that I may stomp on it as I plan global domination — I will definitely buy one of these and place it on a large obsidian stand someplace prominent.
In other words, it will be just like Selig’s office.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)