Dec 8, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
Over the summer Major League Baseball released this monster book called “The Official Major League Baseball Opus.” You can read details about it here. The upshot: it’s gigantic, has 1000 pictures in it and costs $3,000. Buy one for the person you love!
They put one of these in the media room this morning. I’m not sure this pic does it justice. I put my soda can in it for reference but obviously forgot that putting the soda can in the foreground would make it look bigger. Point remains, however: it’s huge. Over three feet wide when opened.
If I ever become a Bond villain with a giant study — the kind with a map of the world on the floor so that I may stomp on it as I plan global domination — I will definitely buy one of these and place it on a large obsidian stand someplace prominent.
In other words, it will be just like Selig’s office.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)