Dec 8, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Over the summer Major League Baseball released this monster book called “The Official Major League Baseball Opus.” You can read details about it here. The upshot: it’s gigantic, has 1000 pictures in it and costs $3,000. Buy one for the person you love!
They put one of these in the media room this morning. I’m not sure this pic does it justice. I put my soda can in it for reference but obviously forgot that putting the soda can in the foreground would make it look bigger. Point remains, however: it’s huge. Over three feet wide when opened.
If I ever become a Bond villain with a giant study — the kind with a map of the world on the floor so that I may stomp on it as I plan global domination — I will definitely buy one of these and place it on a large obsidian stand someplace prominent.
In other words, it will be just like Selig’s office.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (153)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)