Dec 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Anyway, multiple sources are reporting that the Pirates and Orioles are both trying to get Kenshin Kawakami from Atlanta. The winner will be determined by which of those teams is willing to take less from the Braves to cover the $6.67 million owed to the guy for 2011. I envision the bidding going in ha’penny increments.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 26
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 75
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)