Dec 9, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
After signing first baseman Carlos Pena to a one-year, $10 million deal the Cubs have turned their attention to the rotation.
Webb hasn’t pitched since Opening Day of 2009 because of a shoulder injury that eventually required surgery and Sullivan notes that “the Cubs still have to check out his medical records” before making an offer to the former Cy Young winner.
Earlier this week the Nationals were also said to be heavily pursuing Webb and according to Sullivan the Cubs are merely “one of the top two or three teams” in the mix for the 31-year-old right-hander.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)