Dec 9, 2010, 3:18 PM EST
After signing first baseman Carlos Pena to a one-year, $10 million deal the Cubs have turned their attention to the rotation.
Webb hasn’t pitched since Opening Day of 2009 because of a shoulder injury that eventually required surgery and Sullivan notes that “the Cubs still have to check out his medical records” before making an offer to the former Cy Young winner.
Earlier this week the Nationals were also said to be heavily pursuing Webb and according to Sullivan the Cubs are merely “one of the top two or three teams” in the mix for the 31-year-old right-hander.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)