Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
So, Pete Rose and Joe DiMaggio are in the jungle in Vietnam, and DiMaggio decides he needs to take a shower …
No, that’s not the intro to a joke. It happened. Pete Rose said it did. And even though it’s a true story and not a joke, it does have some punchline. Why Pete Rose felt compelled to share it is another story, but he’s Pete Rose and we love him for that.
BTW: the story and the website are clean enough, but it is basically a locker room story, so if that bugs you, don’t click through.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims