Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
So, Pete Rose and Joe DiMaggio are in the jungle in Vietnam, and DiMaggio decides he needs to take a shower …
No, that’s not the intro to a joke. It happened. Pete Rose said it did. And even though it’s a true story and not a joke, it does have some punchline. Why Pete Rose felt compelled to share it is another story, but he’s Pete Rose and we love him for that.
BTW: the story and the website are clean enough, but it is basically a locker room story, so if that bugs you, don’t click through.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20