Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
So, Pete Rose and Joe DiMaggio are in the jungle in Vietnam, and DiMaggio decides he needs to take a shower …
No, that’s not the intro to a joke. It happened. Pete Rose said it did. And even though it’s a true story and not a joke, it does have some punchline. Why Pete Rose felt compelled to share it is another story, but he’s Pete Rose and we love him for that.
BTW: the story and the website are clean enough, but it is basically a locker room story, so if that bugs you, don’t click through.
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 1
- Cubs sign reliever Jose Veras to one-year pact 1
- Report: MLB recorded record revenues in 2013 32
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts 70
- Diamondbacks trade for White Sox closer Addison Reed 28
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)