Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
So, Pete Rose and Joe DiMaggio are in the jungle in Vietnam, and DiMaggio decides he needs to take a shower …
No, that’s not the intro to a joke. It happened. Pete Rose said it did. And even though it’s a true story and not a joke, it does have some punchline. Why Pete Rose felt compelled to share it is another story, but he’s Pete Rose and we love him for that.
BTW: the story and the website are clean enough, but it is basically a locker room story, so if that bugs you, don’t click through.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)