Dec 9, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have scheduled a sudden conference call for 9 p.m. ET.
Co-owner Chuck Greenberg is going to speak, probably about Cliff Lee. No one’s sure yet if it’s anything major, but Rangers officials did fly down to Arkansas earlier today to meet with the prized lefty. There was this report from MLB.com earlier today that suggested the Rangers might get an answer from Lee tonight.
Maybe this will be big.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was on the call and is passing along notes. The Rangers made an offer, but they’re not divulging details about that offer.
Lee is apparently “weighing his options.” That may be as far as this one gets tonight.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)