Dec 9, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have scheduled a sudden conference call for 9 p.m. ET.
Co-owner Chuck Greenberg is going to speak, probably about Cliff Lee. No one’s sure yet if it’s anything major, but Rangers officials did fly down to Arkansas earlier today to meet with the prized lefty. There was this report from MLB.com earlier today that suggested the Rangers might get an answer from Lee tonight.
Maybe this will be big.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was on the call and is passing along notes. The Rangers made an offer, but they’re not divulging details about that offer.
Lee is apparently “weighing his options.” That may be as far as this one gets tonight.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)