Dec 9, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have scheduled a sudden conference call for 9 p.m. ET.
Co-owner Chuck Greenberg is going to speak, probably about Cliff Lee. No one’s sure yet if it’s anything major, but Rangers officials did fly down to Arkansas earlier today to meet with the prized lefty. There was this report from MLB.com earlier today that suggested the Rangers might get an answer from Lee tonight.
Maybe this will be big.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was on the call and is passing along notes. The Rangers made an offer, but they’re not divulging details about that offer.
Lee is apparently “weighing his options.” That may be as far as this one gets tonight.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 14
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 4
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)