Dec 9, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have scheduled a sudden conference call for 9 p.m. ET.
Co-owner Chuck Greenberg is going to speak, probably about Cliff Lee. No one’s sure yet if it’s anything major, but Rangers officials did fly down to Arkansas earlier today to meet with the prized lefty. There was this report from MLB.com earlier today that suggested the Rangers might get an answer from Lee tonight.
Maybe this will be big.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was on the call and is passing along notes. The Rangers made an offer, but they’re not divulging details about that offer.
Lee is apparently “weighing his options.” That may be as far as this one gets tonight.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 0
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 153
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)