Dec 9, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have scheduled a sudden conference call for 9 p.m. ET.
Co-owner Chuck Greenberg is going to speak, probably about Cliff Lee. No one’s sure yet if it’s anything major, but Rangers officials did fly down to Arkansas earlier today to meet with the prized lefty. There was this report from MLB.com earlier today that suggested the Rangers might get an answer from Lee tonight.
Maybe this will be big.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was on the call and is passing along notes. The Rangers made an offer, but they’re not divulging details about that offer.
Lee is apparently “weighing his options.” That may be as far as this one gets tonight.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)