Dec 9, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Did I say I was saying goodbye to the Winter Meetings? Well, sure, but they’re more a state of mind than an actual location anyway, so I can pass along some buzz I just heard from a major league source: The Cubs and Rays are discussing a Matt Garza trade.
I know some have discounted the possibility of such a beast — and I don’t have any intelligence about the type of return Tampa Bay could expect — but I’m hearing that as of a few minutes ago, the Rays and Cubs are “working on it.”
Updates as we hear them.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)